Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend





Despite the stomach flu running (literally) through our family over the last week, we managed to pull it together and have a really fun weekend.  Luckily Izzy didn't get sick until yesterday and Jimmy and I were feeling better by Friday so there was a little gap of fun time before we resumed the real fun of watching movies at home just waiting for the next magical moment when Izzy says "my belly really hurts".  I didn't take her seriously the first time and ended up with vomit in my hair.

Anyway, the weekend was awesome and we were blessed with three days in a row of sun and 75 degree temps which doesn't happen all that often here in my experience.  Saturday Izzy and I went to a local lake in the morning and to another bigger lake in the afternoon while Jimmy was off climbing a mountain.  On Sunday we had church, a huge nap, and then spent time at the apartment swimming pool (which is heated).  On Monday we went to Alki Beach in the morning then the swimming pool in the afternoon.  

So far Izzy is not really interested in getting in the water at the lake or the swimming pool.  She plays on the beach and throws rocks in the water at the lake and stays in the 1ft wading pool at the apartments.  I should probably be taking her in the big pool and even bought a gigantic pregnant lady bathing suit for that reason but somehow sitting on the lounge chair and watching her happily play in the baby pool wins out every time.  She can learn to swim next summer :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the picture with the glasses and eye rolling - reminds me of your mom! :) The lake looks beautiful! I'm jealous.

Erin said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm impressed that you took Izzy to the lake without Jimmy's help! That's a big undertaking. Sounds like you deserve to relax at the pool. :)