Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MOPs




Hooray for MOPs!  Mother's of Preschoolers is a Christian based mom organization with groups all over the place.  Every other week during the school year the moms get together (child care provided) and do crafts or listen to speakers and just get to know each other better.  My mom told me about it a long time ago but I never joined because of work and laziness. This summer I was desperate to meet mom friends and so I contacted the leader of a local MOPs group meeting at the church we had been attending.  I met Loren at a park play date and later that afternoon had agreed to be a table leader!  Today was our second MOPs meeting and I remembered to bring a camera and take a couple of pictures.  I didn't remember to take pictures when the whole table was together or when Izzy was in her class, I'll try to remember next time.  Different tables take turns bringing food to the meetings.  Izzy favorite part is the cookie after class and before we go home.  Also notice the lovely art work she is holding - not that I'm partial but have you ever seen such a lovely whatever-it-is?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yeah, good for you! That's a great way to meet other moms and get connected. And what a precious little cutie. Her hair looks lighter.