Baby Skye is here! She was born via c-section on July 14th at 8:13 am. She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and is 20 inches long. The surgery and recovery went very smoothly and Skye and I are very healthy. Izzy is having a ton of fun with her Mimi and Papaw and loves her new little sister. She gives lots of kisses and hugs and always wants to hold the baby. Skye has been an angel so far. She only cries (a teeny little cry) when she is hungry and pretty much sleeps the rest of the time. I'm not sure if this is just her personality or if it's the Percocet mommy is taking ;) My doctor said I can't drive for 4 weeks which seems a little excessive and kind of a bummer but the good news is that my mom is going to stay an extra week which is absolutely a life saver. The other good news is that so far I don't have any signs of the post-partum depression I had last time so I'm hopeful I may be able to avoid it altogether. I'll keep the pics coming...
(Izzy's b-day was May 6th but Mimi and Papaw decided to give her another cake anyway to make her feel special - she sang "Happy Birthday to me" about 100 times that day)
1 comment:
yea! congrats, hillary! i am glad things are going well so far. she is a cutie~
Post a Comment