There are many reasons that I haven't kept up with this blog. Laziness, writer's block, forgetting to take new pictures - these are all holding me back. The real reason, though, is that I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours at a time in the past 6 weeks and I'm TIRED. I had the brilliant idea 6 weeks ago to turn my perfect sleeping daughter - one I could throw in bed for naps and night time and she would be asleep in seconds - into an anti-sleep monster (are you allowed to call your daughter a monster?) I did this by taking away her pacifier a.k.a "nuk". I guess I was afraid her teeth would be crooked or the perfect mom police would come and say that we should have gotten rid of the nuk at 24 months. Whatever the reason, it was STUPID! Now it takes and hour to get her down and she wakes up every 2-3 hours crying and it takes another 10-15 minutes to get her back down. Making the problem worse I sometimes let her sleep in my bed for naps and in the middle of the night when I just can't deal which sends the wonderful message that all she has to do is cry and Izzy gets to sleep in mommy's bed - Hooray! I need to get strict and let her cry it out like I did when she was a baby but then Jimmy complains because he can't sleep and I cry because pregnancy hormones and toddler screaming just don't mix. I guess we'll figure it out eventually - maybe I'll just sneak away to Hawaii for a few weeks and when I get back it will be fixed. That works, right?
1 comment:
Aah, if Hawaii could just be the cure-all for everything. Too bad it's not closer!
It sounds stressful, but I think you'll be glad you tackled this before the new baby is here and there will be more crying in the house. Hang in there little Momma. This, too, shall pass!
P.s. How many weeks are you??? Will you be finding out the gender?
Post a Comment